Shorter telomeres are associated with higher mortality and aging related diseases, such as:
- Cardiovascular diseases (Hypertension, Atherosclerosis)
- Bone marrow disease
- Macular degeneration
- Chronic kidney failure disease
- Weak immunity (Asthma, Allergies
Factors that negatively affect telomeres length are:
- Lack of exercise
- Lack of sleep
- Cumulative deficiency of micronutrients (bad dietary habits – insufficient water consumption)
- Substances abuse (use of illicit drugs – excessive alcohol consumption)
- Exposure to toxins
ToxPlus technology is the only large-scale telomere analysis technology that allows the quantification of the abundance of critically short telomeres.
We offer the following services on blood and buccal swabs samples:
- Estimation of telomeres length and % short telomeres
- Determination of biological age
- Association of drug abuse with telomeres length
Our method is the first personalized method for prevention and therapy which enhance the health and could lead to lower rates on ageing.
Telomerase activity analysis
The telomeres are created and maintained by the enzyme telomerase, which has been baptized the “enzyme of immortality” due to its role in cellular aging and cancer.
ToxPlus measure telomerase activity in skin samples or biopsies (or any other available tissue), in any peripheral blood mononuclear cell type or any in vitro cultured cell line (normal or tumoral).